Day 1 We landed into CGD at 11am and then took a taxi to our Airbnb in Paris. After we arrived in front of our Airbnb building, we were early for check-in so we decided to eat at a pizzeria downstairs at La Commandarie. We had escargot, calamari, and onion soup. It was a nice warm meal but we were exhausted from our flight. After we checked in at 2pm and freshened up, we walked to Champ de Mars and Eiffel Tower, only a 10-minute walk from our Airbnb. We went ahead on a pre-booked 1 hour Seine River cruise. It was a good value to see landmarks quickly without the effort of walking. It did start raining pretty hard so we didn’t stay outside at the top. It’s very touristy to do but why not when you only have 2 days in Paris. By the time we left the river area for our dinner reservation, it started REALLY pouring. We had dinner reservations at a restaurant called Vesper right around the corner from our Airbnb. We were dripping from our raincoats when we stepped into this swanky and classy ...
Dear lovely reader, Here we are, our fourth and last series blog of Viet Nam. Rather than writing about what I did for my last two days in Saigon in detail, I figured this blog would be perfect to just sum up all my thoughts about this port. But before I do so, I have to splurge about how I got in the back of a motorbike and rode around District 8 of Saigon. Aside from speaking the language, that was the one time I felt what it was like to be a local. I know that sounds a little silly but if you ever get the chance to ride on those motorbikes, it is so much fun. Viet Nam locals are so care free and relaxed. They work hard, eat, talk, sleep, enjoy. Everything is so simple there, no strings attached. What made these last two days in Viet Nam so special to me was that it wasn’t about planning to go here and there. There was nothing in the head, everything was felt through the body and soul. It was so relaxing just to talk inside and munch on the juiciest fruits of my lif...
Dear lovely reader, I didn’t realize how much I wrote about my last blog about Burma, but I’m just really happy everything is put out into words. Well mostly everything haha, we’re about to wrap up in Burma! So we last left off meeting Atun and booking a taxi ride back to Yangon the night before. Our last day in Bogalay would surely be our most memorable. Atun meets with us at 11am at our hotel, not a minute late. This guy is the shit mang. Our day pretty much begins. He leads us to a temple, not a far walk from the hotel. In fact, everything in Bogalay is very much walking distance. And I’m immediately in love with that fact. There’s a certain power within walking that gives you the ability to see the space around you so much clearly. We take off our shoes, and walk up the white steps to see the temple. Atun mentions how his grandfather built those steps. And we’re just like ‘Yep, we’d definitely buy that.’ When we finally reach the top, there’s this gorgeous view of Bog...
Comments
Post a Comment